Spiked Hot Apple Pie Apple Cider
Apple Cider-Spiked Pie
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
stick cold unsalted butter
4 tbsp. ice-cold water
1/2 c. golden raisins
1/4 c. minced crystallized ginger
1/4 c. spiced rum or apple cider
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
4 tsp. sugar
1/2 c. apple cider
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Granny Smith Apples
Golden Delicious apples
stick unsalted butter
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water, 1 Tbsp at a time, pulsing until dough begins to come together. On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into two 1-in.-thick disks. Wrap separately in plastic and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small microwave-safe glass bowl, combine raisins, ginger and spiced rum. Microwave 1 minute; set aside to soak. In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and 2⁄3 cup of the sugar. Add the cider and vanilla and stir until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Peel, core and cut apples into 1⁄4-in.- thick slices. Melt butter in a 12-in. straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples and cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to soften, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the raisin mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one disk of dough into a 12-in. round. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate, easing onto bottom and sides of the plate. Roll out the remaining disk to a 13-in. round. Spoon the apple mixture into the pie shell, mounding it as necessary. Top with the remaining pastry. Fold the edges of dough underneath itself to create a thick border that rests on the lip of the pie plate.
- With small knife, cut slits in top to vent. Brush top crust with milk and sprinkle with remaining 4 tsp sugar. Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until pastry is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool. Pie can be served warm or at room temperature.
Video: Apple Pie Moonshine Spiked Caramel Apple Cider
I Kept a Food Diary to Try to Eat Like Less of a Garbage Human
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Are Reportedly Dating
Roasted Vegetable Mac n Cheese
Blonde, Fauxhawk Haircuts, Miley Cyrus Short Hair
How to Be Popular in Middle School (for Girls)
How to Check the Safety of an Internet Site
How To Show Interest in Someone and Know Someone Is Interested in You
8 Fendi Bags That Will Be Cool Forever and Ever
11 Celebrities Donald Trump Was Mad at in 2019
7 Period Myths That Need To Go Away Right Now
Date: 06.12.2018, 17:26 / Views: 65565