Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash
As the weather’s getting chillier and (don’t say it!) snowflakes start falling, nothing warms a body up more than a hearty bowl of soup or stew. This recipe,packed with protein from the chicken and vitamin A from the squash, is the perfect option for a filling and nutritious dinner.Bonus points: add some leafy greens like kale or collards for some extra veggie power.
Roasted Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
What You'll Need:
1 onion, diced into medium sized chunks
1 butternut squash, cut into bite sized pieces
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), cut into bite sized pieces (chicken thighs work well, too)
Salt and pepper
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon cumin
Pro Tip:If you can’t find coriander and cumin in your local grocery store, swap them out for ½ a teaspoon of a classic curry powder.
What to Do:
- On a rimmed baking sheet (or in a baking dish), toss together onion, squash, and chicken with the olive oil (enough to coat), and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through and squash is tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and scrape chicken and squash into a big pot on the stove top.
- Add the broth, and spices and bring to a simmer.
- Once the mixture reaches a simmer, use the back of a wooden spoon to mash some of the pieces of squash. (The broken pieces will help to thicken the soup.)
- Continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow soup to thicken.
- Serve and season with salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
Video: Easy Fall Soup with Roasted Butternut Squash
How to Find Alternatives to Easter Candy
26 Ultra-Modern Ways to Color-Block YourOutfits
Instagram beats Snapchat as app most used by teens: Piper Jaffray survey
The Joys of Menopause
North West: The 4-Year-Old With a Wardrobe Cooler Than Ours
How to Shorten Your Commute
Kylie Jenner as a Human Barbie Doll for Flaunt Magazine’s Photo Shoot
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Behind The Scenes With Abbey Clancy On Her Gorgeous Fashion Targets Breast Cancer Shoot
How to Prevent Dry Scalp
Latitude Run Southville Standard DresserChest with Filling Drawers LDER6384 Color: Cherry Unfinished
Why your Skin is so Attractive to Mosquitoes
DIY DOUBLE KNOT PONYTAIL
31 Celebrity Hairstyles for Short Hair
How to Open a PPF Account
Menopause Symptoms: Dealing With Brain Fog