The Minimalist: Quick 'Preserved' Lemons | The New York Times
Fast and Flavorful Lemon Confit
Yields: 30 servings | Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (including olive oil) | Calories: 70 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 25 mg | Carbohydrates: 1 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints: 2
- 5 medium lemons, juiced (discard seeds) and peeled as instructed below
- 3/4 cup olive oil (not extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Peel the lemon into long strips with a peeler. Do not include any bitter white pith in the peel. Peel exclusively the yellow exterior. Chop the peelings into smaller pieces if desired.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a rolling boil, submerge the lemon peels for 20 seconds, and remove.
- Combine the lemon peels, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low-simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until peelings are soft. Allow to cool.
- Store Lemon confit in a glass container, cover and refrigerator until ready to serve.
Video: Unbelievably Easy Preserved Lemons | Rosie Foodie
New Stroke Guidelines Will Provide Critical Emergency Treatment to More Patients
How to Draw a Hexagon
7 Affordable Stocking Stuffers
College Prep: Four Tips for Making it Through the School Year
5 Exciting Ways to Spice Up Missionary Sex
Craft Upper-Body Bulk With This Quick-Fire Cable Circuit
Rock A Cap Tassle With NoHassle
Barack Obama Surprised Michelle Obama on Her Book Tour Compared Her to Beyoncé
You Can Now Pay Someone to Cuddle With You
The One Thing: Fresh Creme Ancienne Ultimate Nourishing HoneyMask
Acne Studios Up To 60 Off at The Outnet