Pork Schnitzel from sketch how to video, German recipe littleGasthaus
German Schnitzel, Slow Cooker Style
Yields: 4 | Serving size: 1/2 of butterfly chop | Calories: 409 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fats: 4 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 71 mg | Sodium: 174 mg | Carbohydrates: 52 g | Dietary fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 30 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11 |
- 2 butterfly pork chops, 1" thick
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat crumbs, crunchy (try Ian's Panko whole wheat breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika (regular paprika will work)
- NOTE: 1" Butterfly Chops are plenty for two people, so we cut them in half to make 4 servings. Feel free to eat an entire schnitzel since this cut is much leaner than other cuts of pork. However, most slow cookers can accommodate only two full size butterfly chops after being pounded thin.
- Trim any visible fat from chops and slice each down the center, lengthwise on the seam. Pound the chops until thin. In a medium bowl combine crunchy bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon paprika...set aside.
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Add pork chop to egg mixture, cover, place in the refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour.
- Spread bread crumbs on a cookie sheet. Remove chops from egg mixture, allow excess to drip off, add to bread crumbs and throughly coat both sides. Lightly spray the bottom and lower sides of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Also, lightly spray both sides of pork chops with cooking spray. Tip: We use a Misto olive oil sprayer.
- If a rack is available, place in the slow cooker and arrange chops on top, or place directly in the slow cooker if a rack isn't available. Cover, cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours on low, or until pork is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. There is no need to turn Schnitzel during cooking time.
Video: Beef Goulash - Hungarian Beef Goulash Recipe - Paprika Beef Stew
Fight Fatigue With These 13 High-Energy Foods
The High Cost of Stress and Mental Illness at Work: An Interview With Graeme Cowan
Thank You, Ryan Gosling, for Normalizing What a Good Husband Sounds Like
Photrexa Viscous Reviews
Apparently Meghan Markle Helped Prince Harry Quit Smoking And Get In Shape
How to Identify Your NonNegotiables in Life
Coco Rocha for Longchamp SpringSummer 2013 Campaign
4 Easy Ways to Cook a Roast (with Pictures)
Knees, Chest, and Chin Pose—Ashtanga Namaskara
Thousands Of People Swear This 10 Mask Helps Them Sleep Better
16 Miracle Herbs That Prevent Hair Loss
How to Change Amtrak Reservations
8 Chicken Recipes Like Youve Never Had
3 Easy Ways to Drill Steel (with Pictures)