DATING A SAGITTARIUS | Benito Skinner (2018)
How to Date a Sagittarius
Wooing a Sagittarius can be a challenge. Those born between November 22nd and December 21st all have very intriguing, hard-to-pin-down personalities. If you're up to it, here are some steps to follow on dating this lucky, optimistic, adventuresome sign based on their unique astrological characteristics.
Understanding Your Sagittarius
Realize they need to feel free.Sagittarius people are all about exploring, wandering, learning, and seeking adventure. This part of their personality doesn't go away in relationships! If they feel confined in your relationship, they will hightail it outta there faster than you even realize what's going on. This isn't necessarily a bad thing so long as you can comfortably accommodate them!
- Some people will not be okay with a lover they can't attach themselves at the hip to. If this is you, you'll probably be better off dating a different sign! This is a factor that the quintessential Sagittarius person will not budge on.
Know that they can get bored easily.If you have your eye on a Sagittarius person, you've probably noticed that they're not ones much for a monotonous routine. This can be from food to hobbies to people. It doesn't mean they're cheaters, but it does mean they're usually not ones much for serious relationships. They're all about the chase! However, relationships are far from boring -- if your relationship is multidimensional, your Sagittarius will be kept content.
- Getting a Sagittarius to be fullyand openlydevoted to you may be difficult. They generally don't wear their hearts on their sleeves. But if you two are very compatible, they'll know it. And you will too -- they'll be sticking around for the long haul.
Understand their outspokenness.Some of the more sensitive signs may see the logoff penchant for telling it like it is to be rude and lacking tact. That's not what the Sagittarius is intending to do! They simply don't see the value innotbeing open and truthful.
- They're not being malicious. It's simply a symptom of their individualized character that they need to express. So the next time your Sagittarius says your perfume or cologne is too strong, don't take it personally. They're just saying what's on their mind -- once they've said it, they're onto the next. It doesn't phase them, so don't let it phase you.
Know they are nature enthusiasts.In general, Sagittarius people love the outdoors. If this is part of your personality, too, great! You can both go exploring the wonderful world together. Get them outside and they'll feel in their element.
Deal with their lack of emotions.Sagittarius people are usually viewed as quite stoic and unemotional. It doesn't mean they don'thavethem, they're just not keen on expressing them. They prefer to stay optimistic and energized about life -- being bogged down by worry or fear isn't how they roll; they don't see the reason to waste their energy. Quite frankly, we could all learn a bit from Sagittarius!
- This can be very, very intimidating at times, especially when you're falling in love with them. You'll have all these emotions swirling around that you're dying to express and you're getting a blank stare in return. Don't take it too personally. If they didn't care about you, they wouldn't be sticking around.
Drawing Them In
Be a bit elusive and mysterious.Sagittarians are all about the thrill of the chase. If you can keep up the chase even once they've nabbed your heart, they'll be yours forever. Don't be a completely open book. Let them pry a little. They love it.
- This is not to say to avoid answering their texts and to be purposefully vague -- that stuff is just annoying. But do operate on your own wavelength. Make sure you have a part of your life that is very much so your own. Having your own self is super sexy to the traditional Sagittarius.
Take it slow.You risk losing your Sagittarius person when it becomes all hearts, flowers, and candy. There's no more exploration and adventure in the relationship when it hits this stage. So take it slow. Don't jump in with two feet on the third date. Explore every inch of each other in personality and body over time. The flame burns longer the slower the wax melts.
- The Sagittarius will not be meeting your parents in the first couple of months. They will not be moving in anytime soon. So don't ask. They may run for the hills, thinking you're on a bullet train to Chapel Town.
Be flirtatious.When you're talking to your Sagittarius, remember that they love the thrill of the chase. Just because you're already dating doesn't mean that the chase has gone away! Keep on flirting with them so they remember that rush. It'll help you remember it, too!
- The Sagittarius appreciates openness and honesty. You're obviously digging' on your Sagittarius, so it's appropriate to act how you feel! When you're yourself and you two are communicating, it will go a lot smoother for the both of you, Sagittarius or not!
Go out and have fun with your Sagittarius.That's what they're looking for in a relationship after all! Do little things that keep life entertaining. Check out an independent film, go sing a karaoke duet at the top of your lungs, paint pottery, play laser tag, do things that get you together and laughing. The Sagittarius person believes that life should be fun and is optimistic about this pursuit. Hopefully it'll rub off!
- A stereotypical Sagittarius will not be the type that wants to sit and stare into your eyes, reciting you love poems. They'd much rather hold your hand as you pass through a waterfall. When you first start dating, keep it light and fun. They'll love you all the more for it.
Pay attention to your look.Though this won't go for 100% of Sagittarius people, generally they prefer their significant other to be well-groomed, smelling great, and looking like they dressed with the lights on. So when it's date time, nix the yoga pants and ponytail and throw on the boots and perfume/cologne. You don't need to look like you walked off the runway, but do look like you took a minute to think about your wardrobe!
- Generally speaking once more, most Sagittarius prefer their females feminine and their males masculine. So if you're a girl, don't hesitate to don that dress and heels; men, date night means dress shoes and a blazer (and you'll probably pick up the bill).
Plan a trip.Sagittarians love to travel. That's probably pretty clear by this point! After you and your Sag have established a firm connection (and only after), plan a trip. It could just be a day at the beach or it could be a getaway to exotic ville. Whatever it is, your Sagittarius will probably be down.
- Make sure it matches the level of your relationship. If you've been dating for two weeks, don't book a week-long stay at a bed and breakfast in the countryside of northern France. Small trips -- amusement park? Biking or hiking trip? -- are exciting, too.
Be clever.Bimbos and dunces need not apply to date the Sagittarius. You have to be clever in order to keep up with them! Keeping things exciting and coming up with ideas will be the main challenge in dating them, so put on your specs and get to romancing. Sagittarius is a sign that definitely appreciates the mind.
- Stay up-to-date about current events and pop culture. The Sagittarius loves to laugh and think. Ideally, you'll both be doing that for each other.
Don't expect change.Sagittarius is his or her own person. This is a fact that will not go away. If you're dating them and thinking, "They'll be more open and emotional in the future," you're probably wrong. They have no problem with how they are and will be resistant to any molding of them you want to do. If you don't like them as they are now, get out! This is who they are, like it or not.
- Again, it's important to view these qualities as good. How great to be the person you're comfortable with! So many of uswishwe could change -- it takes a great deal of confidence to be so sure of yourself you never want to be any different. Admire this quality in your Sag -- don't resent it.
Keeping It Spicy
Be your own person.Just like the Sag wants to be his/her own person, they want to date someone that's like that too! If you're following them around wherever they go, taking on their hobbies and interests, your mysteriousness and self go away. They'll get bored. So whatever got you them in the first place,keep it. They're not interested in another version of themselves.
- It's really easy to lose yourself in another person, especially when you're beyond infatuated. Resist! Don't compromise your values and belief system for them -- they won't do you the favor, so why should you?!
Surprise your Sag.They love adventure and trying new things. To avoid their penchant for boredom, keep the little surprises coming. Whether it's a home-cooked meal or two tickets to their favorite show, get thoughtful and clever. They'll be amazed at your ability to keep them happy.
- Make sure to surprise them indifferentways. Sending a bouquet of flowers five days in a row isn't exactly surprising. One day send flowers and take the next day off. There's something to be said for mixing it up, too!
Don't cling on too tight.Remember how we talked about Sagittarians needing to be free? Yep. Even when your relationship is solidified it's important not to be too clingy. So the next time you're at a party, wander to the other side of the room. This isn't a display of your relationship hitting the skids -- it's a sign that your relationship is strong enough to be apart for an hour!
- Your Sag won't be clinging onto you too tightly, either. Again, this is fine. This is to be expected. It's not a lack of a display of affection -- it's just a display of their personality. Rest assured that if your Sag is thinking something (positive or negative), they'll let you know!
Deepen your relationship.The fact that Sagittarians are adventure-seekers who seem to thwart emotion may make you throw up your hands in the air like you wish you didn't care. Obviously they can and have been pinned down thousands of times over, so there's no need to worry! Connections can't be ignored -- if you and your Sag feel that spark, your Sag won't be denying it, commitment issues or not!
- Look for hints that your Sag is ready to commit. Are they depending on you more than anyone else? Do they go out of their way to make sure you're happy? Do the surprises and adventure just keep on coming? If so, then you might be ready to take it to the next level. Who's the archer now?
- Sagittarians are very friendly and giving people; they don't like selfishness, and they appreciate give and take.
- Sagittarians like alone time sometimes. Don't smother them.
- Sagittarians like to crack lots of jokes and can be mistaken as insensitive. Don't take a their jokes at face value.
- Sagittarians enjoy outside activities and as mentioned earlier get bored very easily. Some great date ideas are hiking, museums, beaches, or theme parks.
- Don't wait to call or talk to a Sag, you won't get to him/her as quickly.
- Most Sags are the most optimistic sign of the Zodiac. If you appreciate their optimism and go along with it, they'll appreciate you.
- This goes for all people you date, no matter what their star sign is: Don't become too jealous or clingy!
- Sagittarians hate deception.
- Aggression is a turnoff for Sagittarians. Wooing them is OK, but don't be pushy or stalk them.
- Sagittarius women are mentally strong, but desire a mate who can make them feel protected. Too many signs of weakness & she won't stick around for long.
- Sagittarians hate to be chased. They love to do the hunting.
- Remember that Sagittarius females are mentally strong, but generally desire a mate to make her feel protected.
- Some Sagittarius may be dreamers, creative, and artistic; DO NOT crush their dreams and aspirations for your own personal limitations...
- Sagittarius Women are often naturally very friendly but don't mistake that for flirting.
- Sagittarius crave independence and though they may overspend, you won't have to worry; it'll be their money.
- Sagittarius is one of the friendliest signs you'll ever meet, but whatever you do, DON'T push their buttons or test their level of strength. They're not labeled "fire signs" for nothing.
- Sagittarius is the most careless sign, and they have to pay extra attention to their words and actions to avoid hurting others.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Deutsch: , 中文: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , Čeština: , العربية:
Video: How To Date Sagittarius Man
17 Stackable Rings To Stock Up OnSTAT
The Royal Tenenbaums’ may have hinted at Charlie Rose alleged sexual misconduct
10 Popular Rope Braid Hairstyles You Must Try
Make Your Skin Gleam with Our Capers to Remove Sun Tan with Homemade Scrubs
Christmas Cookies – A Festive Favourite
5 Things to Know Before an Ablation Procedure
8 Ways To De-Stress With Mindfulness
How to Save Big on Back-to-School Shopping
Your Home Safety Checklist
How to Chair Fly
3 Ways to Cook Pike
7 Gorgeous Beauty Advent Calendars to Give (or Keep)
Barbara Bush rushed wedding after her grandmothers death