How to Get Rosy Pink Cheeks Naturally Without Makeup
How to Get Rosy Cheeks
Would you like to add a little color to your cheeks? Rosy cheeks indicate good health, in addition to looking pretty and cheerful. If your cheeks don't naturally have a rosy hue, there are many ways to bring them to life. Using natural pigments, giving yourself a face massage and applying blush are all great ways to bring the roses to your cheeks.
Choose the right rosy color.You may be tempted to choose the brightest hot pink in an effort to make your cheeks look rosy. However, the color of your blush should complement your skin color; otherwise, it can end up looking clownish or too dark. Check out the blush section in your favorite makeup department and make your choice based on the color of your skin. here's a guide:
- For dark skin, choose a cranberry color. This will give your cheeks a rosy hue that stands out beautifully against your dark complexion.
- For olive skin, choose a deep pink, berry color. It'll have enough subtle pop to bring some cheer to your face.
- For medium skin, go for a lighter berry color. Test it on your hand to make sure it's not too dark for your skin; it should make you look flushed, not painted.
- For fair skin, look for a bubblegum pink. It'll be just right for bringing out your roses.
Decide between cream or powder blush.Blush comes in different textures that work better for different skin types. If your skin is dry and you use a liquid foundation, a cream blush will be easier to apply and blend. If your skin tends to get oily and you like to use face powder, a powdered blush will give your cheeks a better finish.
Prep your skin.Apply your other face makeup before you apply blush. Blush should be applied after you've applied your moisturizer, foundation and setting powder. Blush is the final touch on your cheeks; if you apply it before these other products, it won't show up.
Apply blush according to your face shape.Rather than just dashing it on, consider the shape of your face as you apply your blush. You want the blush to look like natural roses in your cheeks, and applying it in the wrong place could make it look painted on. Use a blush brush to apply it according to the following guide:
- If you have a round face, suck in your cheeks and make fish lips. Apply the blush along your cheekbones, sweeping it out toward your temples.
- If you have a long face, apply blush just below the apples of your cheeks (the plumpest part). Apply in a circular motion, rather than sweeping outward.
- If you have a heart-shaped face, apply blush just below the apples of your cheeks, and sweep it out toward your temples.
Blend well.After you've applied it, check yourself out in the mirror. Does the blush look like a natural rosy glow? Use your fingers to lightly blend it with your makeup so it doesn't stand out too much. Blush should help you look flushed and healthy.
- Try mixing the blush with a little highlighting powder for a glowing effect.
- Or add a layer of shimmery powder to look striking during a night out.
Using a Cheek Stain
Start with clean skin.Rosy cheek stains will show up a lot better on your skin if it isn't covered up in a thick layer of foundation. If you do wear makeup, make sure it's a thin, natural-looking product that doesn't completely mask your skin. The stain needs to be able to set slightly into your skin in order to work effectively.
Use cheek or lip stain.You can buy a special cheek stain, but lip stain (or a combination of the two) does the job just as effectively. Since it's sheer, you'll get a subtle stain that looks completely natural, like you just blushed. Apply the stain to your cheeks using the same pattern you'd use to apply blush, according to your face shape.
- The more layers you add, the more colorful the stain will look.
- Add a layer of translucent powder if you want to make sure the stain doesn't fade too quickly.
Make a customized lipstick stain.If you have a lipstick shade that you think would make a perfect stain, you can create a stain by blending it with coconut oil. This way you can create your own customized cheek stain without having to buy a separate product. Here's how to do it:
- Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of lipstick until it dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into an empty container and let it cool before applying.
- To deepen the color, melt it again and add more lipstick.
Make a fruit juice stain.If you want a totally natural stain that you can make with household ingredients, this is the one for you. Red-hued fruit juice can be applied directly to your cheeks to create a subtle, natural-looking, beautiful stain. The tricky part is apply it carefully enough so that it doesn't run down your face, so take your time. Here's how to do it:
- Pour some fruit juice into a small cup. Try cherry, pomegranate, or cranberry juice. Low sugar is best, since you don't want to feel sticky.
- Use a cotton swab to carefully apply it to your cheeks.
- Let the first layer dry, then apply more if you want to deepen the color.
Try a beet root powder stain.If you want to make a beautiful red stain you can take with you everywhere you go, buy some beet root powder next time you're at a health food store. Mix the powder with enough coconut oil or olive oil to make a thick paste. Use your fingertip to apply a small amount to your cheeks, rubbing it in to set it. Store extra paste in a small lip balm jar with a lid.
Trying a Cheek Massage
Apply a light face oil.A cheek massage is healthy for your face, since it helps your skin circulation. Apply a light face oil so your fingers will glide easily across your skin instead of dragging it down (which can lead to sagging and wrinkles). Any of the following are great for your skin:
- Olive oil
- Almond oil
- Jojoba oil
- Your favorite face moisturizer
Massage your cheeks with your fingertips.Using the tips of your fingers, massage the sides of your face with a large circular motion. Your fingers should move up toward your inner cheekbones, out over your cheekbones, down past the apples of your cheeks, and back around. Repeat for one minute to increase circulation in your cheek area.
- Massaging your cheeks will draw blood to the area, giving you a nice rosy glow.
- As a bonus, facial massage is great for your skin; it helps prevent sagging and wrinkles.
Pinch your cheeks lightly.Now that your blood is moving, pinch your cheeks where you want them to look most colorful. Use the sides of your forefingers and your thumbs to pinch. Do a pattern of light, small pinches where you want a rosy hue to appear.
- Don't pinch too hard or pull on your skin. You don't want to damage your skin or hurt yourself.
- The effects should last ten to fifteen minutes.
Repeat whenever you want some natural color.It's a good trick to have up your sleeve before you're about to go on a date, or when you just want to show up to an event looking fresh and healthy. This method only works when your makeup is minimal, since your natural color won't show through heavy foundation.
QuestionWhich cream is best for applying to white skin?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOne of my favorite brands of cream blush is Tarte.Thanks!
QuestionMy mother doesn't allow me to do makeup so how can I have rosy cheeks naturally?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could just gently pinch your cheeks.Thanks!
QuestionI just got a tan, what shade of pink should I use?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerI would suggest a coral/peachy shade. Consult a color wheel if you need more help.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get girly cheeks?Cecilia FloresTop AnswererTry using a little bit of a pink or peach cream blush or tinted balm on your fingers to tap it into your skin.Thanks!
QuestionWill getting honey on my eyebrows turn them white?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. Honey will just give more nutrients the the eyebrows. Be careful when removing it.Thanks!
- If the rosiness wears off a while after you squeezed them, go to the bathroom and squeeze them there.
- Remember to not squeeze or pinch your cheeks too hard that they hurt badly.
- If you want to go natural, use fruits that have dark red juices, such as cherries or strawberries.
- If you have very sensitive and delicate skin, do not try to attempt the pinching technique.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Português: , Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How To Get Rosy Pink Cheeks & lips In 5Mins (100% Natural)
25 Crochet Box Braids Hairstyles for Black Women
Prince William returns to country close to heart for this special reason
Fibromyalgia: Making the Diagnosis
5 Ways to Regain Your Sense of Inner Calm
A Natural Cure for Gallstones
Why Rumors that Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Faked Their Drama Need toEnd
Which Bob Haircut Is Right for You
20 Best Balayage Ideas For Red And Copper Hair
This Is Why Everything Hurts In The Morning, According To Science
Chemotherapy to Treat Bone Cancer