Teen Acne | Acne Meaning & Acne Treatment for Teenage Girls and Boys
How to Get Teenage Boys Interested in Cooking
Cooking is one of the greatest pleasures of life for some people, and it allows you the freedom to take food that you already like, and modify it slightly to become food you LOVE! However, some of the younger folks haven't realized how much fun cooking can be and how being a capable cook can make life so much easier.
Tell them how much money they will save in the long run.Eating out of a restaurant all the time is not a cheap prospect. When a single burger can go for , and a good meal can be as much as per person, the ability to spend less and have more to eat will soon become very apparent. The ingredients to make Italian Style Spaghetti would cost less than to feed 5 people well (with a number of the ingredients, especially spices not being limited to use in just one meal but several meals), but a plate of spaghetti out of an Italian restaurant could go for - each!
Women prefer men whose culinary talents reach beyond peanut butter sandwiches and pop tarts.And, the ability to produce fine food at will is a very good way to have a good fifth or sixth date. Invite her over for dinner, home made. It may not sound like much, but she will most certainly appreciate the effort!
Food Safety.When you cook food for yourself, you know what is in it. There is no guessing game about whether cutting boards were properly sterilized, or whether the ingredients were of good quality. Ask anyone who has gotten food poisoning from a restaurant, it pays to know that food was cooked correctly, that dishes were cleaned correctly, and that the food was prepared not only with flavor in mind, but with consideration for the consumer to survive the meal and the night thereafter.
Someday, they will be on their own.Pizza and chips are alright for snacks, but you need nourishment, and the ability to walk into the kitchen and make a quality meal cooked perfectly to your liking will make living on your own a lot easier.
Contrary to some opinions, the kitchen is not just the woman's domain anymore.Some of the greatest chefs in the world are men. Cooking is not 'women's work', unlike what some people would like you to believe.
It's fun!For many, the essence of cooking is not to adhere to the directions within a recipe as if one were building a cabinet, it's about making food that is unique, individual, and delicious. The process of learning what spice goes with what base, what foods flow together well, and what dishes compliment each other gives you, the cook, power to create endless possibilities.
It's not as hard as it looks.Once you get past the initial fears, cooking is straightforward and simplistic. With only seven main ingredients (one meat, three veggies, one starch, one fruit and one spice) and a few common household food stocks, it is possible to create over one hundred and fifty different and unique dishes. Potatoes Au Gratin, Beef Stroganoff with mushroom sauce, with a Fresh Peach Crisp for dessert. About an hour and 15 minutes of effort, and a 18 year old laying the table out with that meal would stun the socks off of a four star chef. And, every recipe is available on the Internet for free! And, the real shocker, with a little practice, that meal could be performed to perfection with less then two weeks of cooking training!
- Have him watch you make instant mashed potatoes. It is an 8 minute task, including the time needed to microwave the water, and it produces food that is surprisingly good. Start with the easiest dishes and try to gain interest, then work your way into more challenging dishes.
- The best bet is not to rush the issue. Make the point known that being able to cook well will be a lifelong benefit to him, and that it would not cause his arms to fall off if he learned how to make good buttery mashed potatoes. Forcing the issue might cause him not to want to cook.
- Offer to show him the plain basics of cooking; how to operate the stove, where everything is stored, etc. Explain that there are foods in the house that he is welcome to experiment with. Just make sure he can identify food that is unsafe to eat (such as under cooked poultry)
- Show him how difficult it is to cook a simplistic dish, like grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup, a 20 minute meal that is basically foolproof.
- Make sure that basic safety precautions are taken. Never pour water on a grease fire, use salt, baking powder, anything that will suffocate the fire. Pouring water just spreads the grease out and takes the fire with it. (If the fire is contained in a skillet or pot, put the correct lid on it to kill the fire.)
- Every cook is going to produce food that is burned at some point, or just tastes bad. The key to getting interest in cooking is to help him look beyond the mistakes, and see the learning that has taken place. Every mistake is a lesson we can apply to tomorrow, not an excuse to quit trying.
Video: HOW TO GET A GUY TO LIKE YOU - 5 Tricks to get HIM to want you!
Make This One Change to Your Workout to Tighten Your Butt and Tone Your Legs
How to Walk in High Heels
How to Wear a Dress in Winter and Stay Warm
Half Up Half Down Prom Hairstyles
The 411 On Kohl And KajalEyeliner
Schizophrenia and Fatty Acids
Greatist Workout of the Day: Friday October 5th
10 Ways to Build Positive Work Relationships and Work as a Team
10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Black Tea
Melania Trump’s Official Portrait As First Lady
The Obamas Law Professor Says Michelle Should Have Been President