A Beginner's Web Design Tutorial for 2018 - Part 1 of 2
How to Learn Web Design
Web design is a very good skill to have, especially in today's Internet-centered world. If you're really good, you can make money from clients, start membership websites, and pursue other money-making projects. If you want to know how to learn web design, you're in the right place!
Note what web designs differs from.Web design is not book design, it is not poster design, it is not illustration, and the highest achievements of those disciplines are not what web design aims for. Although websites can be delivery systems for games and videos, and although those delivery systems can be lovely to look at, such sites are exemplars of game design and video storytelling, not of web design.
Understand what web design involves.Web design is the creation of digital environments that:
- facilitate and encourage human activity;
- reflect or adapt to individual voices and content; and
- change gracefully over time while always retaining their identity.
Determine what resource you want to use.The main resources are websites, videos, and books. Some popular websites are Codecademy and W3Schools. However, there are many more, so feel free to experiment!
- Sign up for an account if you've chosen a website. You will be able to save your progress this way.
- If you've chosen videos, bookmark all the videos you'll need.
- Go to your local library or bookstore if you've chosen the book route. If you want something cheaper (or even free), download eBooks or PDF files.
- If you're willing to pay, you might be able to get individualized lessons from a professional web designer.
Figure out how much time you'll need.You'll need to figure out how to fit this into your day if you're a busy person.
Get started with HTML.HTML is an absolute requirement for any web designer. Master the concept of tags, classes, IDs, inputs, etc.
- The newest version of HTML is HTML5. HTML5 incorporates some new technologies, so that is probably the best one to learn.
- XHTML is also an option, but it's a little bit stricter in its rules.
Learn CSS.CSS stands for "Cascading Style Sheet". Without CSS, there wouldn't be the pretty designs you see on some websites. HTML is merely the skeleton, but CSS is what makes a website colorful and pretty.
- CSS is a bit stricter in its rules. For instance, if you forgot to put a semicolon at the end of each line, you could be in for some headaches trying to figure out what went wrong.
- With jQuery, you can insert widgets like an accordion, a calendar, etc. There are different styles of it, too, so you can pick the style you want for your website.
Move on to the more advanced languages.There's PHP, MySQL, Perl, Ruby, and some others. Again, this is optional for simple website builders, but very useful for interactive and large websites.
- Some of these languages, like PHP, require a test server, so make sure to have an account with a web hosting company or install server software on your computer.
Applying Your Knowledge
Make project websites.Just experiment and make websites from scratch. This helps you put your knowledge to work, instead of letting it rust out in your brain.
Ask friends or family if they want a website.You could do it for free to get some experience!
QuestionIs there any qualification needed for web designing?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes and No. Yes because many would say you need a degree to get your foot in the door for a job. And if you want it you should have basic programming an graphic skills, so a degree in Information Technology or Software Engineering or just an evening class in Web Design is good. And no because if you have the drive to teach yourself you can. There are many free websites that can teach you.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make a web page, and how do I make a short film?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou make a web page with basic HTML and XML scripting. You make short films using a camera. You can purchase a camera at any retail store nearby.Thanks!
QuestionCan I start learning web design as a kid?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes! This is a great idea. You just need to commit to putting in the time and effort necessary to become proficient. Learn how to use github; contributing to open-source is a great thing. Don't just go through the theories -- this is something you need to practice on your own.Thanks!
QuestionWhile using notepad, how do I run an HTML program?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerType 'html program' in notepad, then click 'save as' and 'save program name.html,' then go to the file where you save, then double-click.Thanks!
QuestionWhere can I find out more about getting a job in web design and how much it pays?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe Bureau of Labor and Statistics website is great for this kind of information. I also recommend speaking with college professors.Thanks!
Where do I find schools offering web design courses?
Is there a bright future after learning web designing?
Do I have a decent chance of earning 25k with a job in web design, and how much experience would be required to earn that much?
What is the best way to start freelancing after completely learning Web Design and Web Development?
What is an average monthly salary?
- Take your time! If you try to swallow it all in six hours, you'll forget it very quickly.
- Don't think you have to pay for a good HTML editor. There are free ones that are just as good as the ones that cost hundreds of dollars.
- When you finish a project, harvest some of the code and turn it into a library. This will prevent you from always having to type the same thing on every project. If turns out to be large, you might even consider selling it!
- PDF files are a bit more versatile than eBooks. PDFs are readable on any computer, while eBooks are usually aimed toward one type of device, like a Kindle, iPad, etc.
- If you have a friend or family member that knows web design, ask them to give you lessons. They should do it for free (hopefully).
- Don't burn yourself out! You'll just forget things when you're tired, and you won't learn anything.
- In scripting languages, there is something called the infinite loop. Infinite loops are dreaded among programmers, so be careful that this doesn't happen to you!
- Be careful when downloading programs! Anything could be a virus.
- When signing up for a website, do a bit of research first. Of course, if it's a well known website, you shouldn't have much to worry about, but lesser-known ones could very well be money-making scams.
Things You'll Need
Web design program
Tutorial website, books, or videos
In other languages:
Português: , Español: , Italiano: , Français: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , العربية: , ไทย:
Video: Web Designing Course in urdu Lecture 1 | Sir Majid Ali | How to Learn Web Designing | Introduction
7 Tips for Overcoming Isolation From Multiple Sclerosis
This Woman Looks So Much Skinnier In The Photo Where She Weighs More
Rook Piercing 101: We Reveal All You Need to Know
How to Be the Tough Guy at School
Our Favorite Beauty Moments from Grammy Awards 2019
How to Break up With a Long Distance BoyfriendGirlfriend
Now check out everything you need to know before Hurricane Florence makes landfall
How to Cut in Bodybuilding
How to Tell Which Way Round a Diode Should Be
Early Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Laura Biagiotti’s Fall 2019 RTW Line Was Inspired by the Artworks of Alberto Burri and Antonio Canova