Cake Pops with Donut Holes
How to Make Donut Hole Cake Pops
Donut hole cake pops are fun and easy to make. All you need to make these cake pops are donut holes, candy coating, and whatever toppings you like best. Once you learn how to make donut hole cake pops, the variety of flavors and toppings you can create are nearly endless.
48 store-bought donut holes
48 ounces of candy coating
Toppings of your choice
Makes 48 donut hole cake pops
Making the Donut Cake Pops
Refrigerate the donut holes.You can use any flavor of donut holes that you’d like, though plain cake is a safe option. Place the 48 donut holes in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours. You can also place them in the freezer for 15 minutes if you’d like to speed up the process.
- You can buy donut holes at many supermarkets, or at places like Dunkin’ Donuts.
Melt the candy.You can use candy coating, chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips. Place the candy in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the candy for a few minutes. Stir the candy every 30 seconds. You can begin with a smaller amount of candy and add more as you stir.
Put the donut holes on sticks.Set an upside-down colander or block of Styrofoam on the counter. You will use this to hold up the cake pops. Then, place the donut holes onto the paper lollipop sticks. The donut holes should fit snugly and not fall of.
- You can dip the lollipop sticks into the candy coating first if the donuts do not fit snugly.
Dip the donut holes.Going one at a time, dip the donut hole into the melted candy. Dip the donut hole until it is completely covered and then remove it quickly. Drip the excess candy over the bowl. You can use a spoon to scrape the excess coating from the bottom of the donut hole.
Completing the Donut Cake Pops
Add a topping.You can choose from toppings like nuts, sprinkles, and or other candies. Don’t add the toppings until all of the donut holes stop dripping, but they should still be wet. Gently roll the cake pops into the toppings. You can spread the toppings out on a baking sheet or tray.
- You can also choose to sprinkle the topping by hand.
Allow the cake pops to dry.Put each cake pop back into the colander or Styrofoam. Make sure each cake pop is completely separated and upright. Wait until the coating has hardened to eat or to add a candy coating drizzle. The coating should harden within ten minutes.
Store for up to three days.If the cake pops won’t be eaten immediately, store them in an airtight container. You can store them in the refrigerator, or set them out on the counter. The donut hole cake pops will be good for up to three days.
- Store the donut holes in the refrigerator instead of on the counter if the temperature in your kitchen stays warm.
Using Alternative Ingredients
Make tiramisu cake pops.To make tiramisu cake pops, you can use plain, glazed, or chocolate donut holes. Dip the donut holes in melted vanilla candy coating. Sprinkle cocoa powder over the tops of the cake pops. Place one chocolate-covered espresso bean on each cake pop.
Create a snowball.You can use plain or glazed donut holes. Melt white vanilla candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle the cake pops with shredded coconut once they have been dipped in the candy coating.
Add toasted almonds as a topping.Topping your cake pops with toasted almonds adds a salty element in with the sweetness. Gently cover each cake pop in icing once they have been dipped and dried in the coating of your choice. Then, sprinkle on the toasted almonds.
Top cake pops with peanuts and bacon.Use plain glazed donut holes. Spread each donut hole with glaze after it has been dipped and dried in the coating. Put chopped up peanuts and crumbled bacon onto a shallow plate. Gently roll each pop in the toppings.
- You can make your own coating by melting ¼ cup (57 g) of maple syrup and a ¼ cup (57 g) of butter in a saucepan until it begins to boil. Then, remove from heat and add in 1 cup (200 g) of powdered sugar, and stir it until it dissolves.
- Use several toppings for each batch so that there is variety within the batch. For example, top ten pops with sprinkles and ten pops with cookie crumbles.
- Use two bowls of melted candy to create different flavors within one batch. You can have one bowl filled with white chocolate and another bowl filled with milk chocolate.
- If topping with nuts, be sure that the person who is eating the pop is aware of the nuts. You may want to place a label saying “contain nuts” in front of the cake pops if displaying them.
Video: How To Make Donut Cake Pops | Cake Pops | Sweet Maniacs 💜
Thai Ginger-Chicken Soup Recipe
Farmers Market Pasta Salad
21 Cute and Fun Gender Reveal Cake Ideas
The 10 Best Exercises for Football Players
10 Cheap Weekend Getaways You Can Take Right Now
5 MacGyver Tips forConcealer
Want to Try Boxing Read These 5 Tips First
Too Much Travel May Be Tough on Olympians
29 Fabulous Braided Updos for Modern-Day Princesses
5 Coachella-Ready Festival Fashion Staples for 2019 from Nasty Gal
How to Make Plain Yogurt Sweeter
Lea Michele Gives Emotional Speech About Cory Monteith
Model and Mom Valeria Garcia Opens Up About Wearing a Breast Pump on the Runway