Strawberry Cardamom Linzer Cookies Recipe
1/2 c. blanched almonds
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. grated fresh lemon peel
1/2 tsp. baking powder
butter or margarine
package cream cheese
1/2 c. seedless red raspberry or other favorite jam
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend almonds with 1/2 cup granulated sugar until almonds are finely ground. Add flour, lemon peel, baking powder, salt and remaining 1/2 cup sugar; pulse until evenly mixed. Add butter, cream cheese, and egg, and process just until dough forms, occasionally stopping processor and scraping side with spatula.
- Divide dough in half; flatten each into a disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to roll. (Or place dough in freezer for 30 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll 1 piece of dough 1/8-inch thick. With floured 3-inch fluted round cookie cutter. cut dough into as many rounds as possible. With floured 1-inch star or fluted round cookie cutter, cut out and remove centers from half of rounds. Reserve centers and trimming to re-roll. With lightly floured wide spatula, carefully place rounds, about 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough and reserved centers and trimmings.
- When cookies are cool, sprinkle confectioners' sugar through sieve over cookies with cutout centers. In small saucepan, melt jam over low heat, stirring frequently. Brush whole cookies with melted jam; place cutout cookies on top. Store cookies, with waxed paper between layers, in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week or in freezer up to 2 months.
Video: BEST LINZER COOKIES
How to Create a Christmas Tree Forest
Why You Need an Emergency Savings Fund
Victoria Pendleton: Women Athletes Can’t Just Be Good, They Need To Look Good
Your Ultimate Anti-Aging Walking Workout
Cool DIY Gloves With Rings
Creative Guest Book Ideas For Your Wedding Reception – Part II
Back To the Basics Workout
4 All-Natural Hair Care Ingredients
17 Tasty Turmeric Detox Drinks
Our Editor Gets a Tortoiseshell Hair Transformation: See the Pics
The 12 Best Foods For When Youre Super-Constipated
11 Sporty Swimsuits That Are Actually Cute And Supportive
Darren Robertson Talks Real Food, The Chili Peppers Life On The Farm
How to Seek Psychotherapy for Phobias
Date: 05.12.2018, 11:11 / Views: 83254